Following today when only 2 people turned up for the reading group, could everyone please register their interest (positive or negative) whenever a reading group is coming up? We had agreed that if people were ok to attend, they wouldn't reply to the post.. however, people are just not replying when they can't make it so it can feel a bit like talking to a brick wall.
I am not sure if anyone is actually subscribed to these blogs either so please reply to this post if you have read it!
Hayley
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteEdit: I've subscribed. Tuesday should be fine.
ReplyDeleteYes, I'm following these posts. I even have the calendar imported. I did say I wouldn't be joining the heavy reading group unless I found the particular paper of paramount interest, so I hope you didn't mean me :)
ReplyDeleteI am not referring to anyone in particular, just to the group at large. Irrespective of whether it's a heavy or light reading group, the reading groups won't work if people prepare stuff and then noone turns up. It doesn't matter if you decide not to take part.
ReplyDeleteBefore people were saying that if you didn't reply, it means you're coming. That idea was a total flop so now I think it's better if everyone just replies if they are coming, or not.
Hayley, I too thought (like Radu) that heavy reading group was more an "interest group" reading session, and therefore the default answer for somebody not working on that topic is a "no".
ReplyDeleteMy suggestion: officially, may be, we should only have light reading group sessions and this can even be made once a week like when Sileye and Elisa were there.
Tuesday is fine with me!
ReplyDeleteTo Hari and Radu:
ReplyDeleteNo problem. You never expressed an interest in the heavy reading group, so we wouldn't expect you to come. However, could you still reply to Dayra's post as to whether you'll be going to her light reading group?
It's still frustrating when for the people who were doing the heavy reading group, we agreed that if there was no reply, people would be coming ... but then this time, it didn't work out that way. It's just a total breakdown in communication and so I would suggest that people just say whether they are planning to come or not. I know a number don't even check this blog very much so I'm not even sure if these posts are being read!
tuesday afternoon is ok with me.
ReplyDeleteSure Hayley. Anycase, i am reading the blog and i am using the method that you proposed: with thunderbird, it pops up as a mail, so i dont miss it...
ReplyDeleteTo "divine aura" and "paranoya": can you please reveal yourselves and use your real identities? it feels like having discussions with people wearing masks.
paranoya: p_aran_oya
ReplyDeleteit's me, oya :)
I have put an alarm on the google calendar for Dayra's reading group this week.. I'm not sure if these things work so do say if you don't get a reminder!
ReplyDelete