Thursday, February 4, 2010

heavy reading interest?

If there are a few people still interested in following a heavy reading group, perhaps we can continue. There were some suggestions in the last meeting to either:
- follow the MLSS videolectures
- follow a textbook

1. Would anyone be interested in having such a reading group?
2. How often would you be interested in meeting?
3. Which subject/reading material do you prefer?

2 comments:

  1. 1. I may be interested.
    2. Once in a month
    3. I would prefer to select topics instead of selecting a book as a whole. MLSS video lectures are good but i think it is better to have something written. We can support the text with the videolectures, as we did with Gaussian Processes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. For the next heavy reading group, I have found a paper titled "A Neural Probabilistic Language Model" , but it is not really what i expect on the language model topic.

    any other proposal? (paper or topic).

    /idiap/group/socialcomputing/heavyReadingGroup_PaperPool/bengio03a_NeuralProbabilisticLanguageModel.pdf

    ReplyDelete