Monday, June 29, 2009

Machine Learning Reading Group (or Heavy Reading Group) Topics

Please add the topics you're interested in discussing for the 'Heavy' Reading Group then we can make a rough schedule.

The topics I'm interested in discussing are:

1. Conditional Random Fields
2. Sampling Techniques
3. Approximate Inference Techniques

5 comments:

  1. 3. Approximate Inference Techniques

    ReplyDelete
  2. 5. Semi- supervised learning

    6. Manifold learning

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am perhaps more interested in "philosophical" topics such as:
    (1) Discriminative vs generative modeling - found a NIPS paper on this.
    (2) How to select "optimal" features? Again i found a PAMI on this...
    (3) Supervised vs unsupervised learning.
    (4) How do you measure the complexity of a classifier?
    etc etc
    -Hari

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am interested in most of the topics mentioned above and some others as well. To add a few:
    1. sequence learning
    2. learning from multiple experts
    oya

    ReplyDelete